Acquire basic knowledge about the world’s most influential religious traditions. This course is designed to provide students a basic “Religious Literacy,” tools that will help you better understand our planet’s religious and political landscape. Essentials in Eastern and Western traditions, including an introduction to central theories about religion in sociology, anthropology, psychology, and religion studies.
- Learn about the monotheisms of the West: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- The Self and the Cosmos: Hinduism and Buddhism
- The Way: Confucianism and Daoism
- Theory of religion: what are the most influential ideas about religion in academia
- What’s next? Religion in the Anthropocene: New Religious Movements, the New Age, and Transhumanism